To get started with developing your own application, let’s prepare your computer and a development environment. You need to download and install free 1C:Enterprise platform (training version). Once you’ve installed the 1C:Enterprise Platform, you will be able to run it locally and start developing new applications or begin customizing existing ones.
Note that a 1C:Enterprise application is logically divided into two major components that are closely interrelated: an application and the platform (1C:Enterprise) on which the application runs. The 1C:Enterprise platform is a Windows or Linux application, which contains everything you need to develop, debug, and run any application based on the platform.
Download 1C:Enterprise 8 platform (training version) for Windows (free registration to access)
You do not have to install a DBMS because the training version includes a built-in proprietary database. At the same time MS SQL, PostgreSQL, IBM DB2 and Oracle database management systems are supported.
The IDE of 1C:Enterprise platform is named Designer. Designer is the part of 1C:Enterprise platform that allows you to develop applications. To create an empty infobase that does not require a DBMS and start developing your first application, install 1C:Enterprise platform (training version) and follow the steps below to run Designer:
- Run 1C:Enterprise (double-click the 1C:Enterprise shortcut).
- In the 1C:Enterprise Setup dialog box, click Add.
- In the Add infobase/group dialog box, click Create an infobase and then click Next.
- Click the lowest option button Create an infobase without configuration… and then click Next.
- Specify a name for your infobase (any one you like) and then click Next.
- Click Next until you complete the wizard.
- Click Designer.
The 1C:Enterprise 8 platform (training version) contains everything you need to develop, debug, and execute any application created based on 1C:Enterprise.
Once you have installed the 1C:Enterprise 8 platform (training version), you can start it locally and develop new applications or customize existing ones.
How to develop a simple application
Limitations of 1C:Enterprise (training version) comparing to the commercial version
The 1C:Enterprise 8 platform (training version) contains features of the commercial 1C:Enterprise 8 platform with the following limitations:
- The volume of data is limited for documents, catalogs, registers, charts of accounts and other object tables:
- Maximum number of records in account tables is 2000.
- Maximum number of records in main object tables is 2000.
- Maximum number of records in tabular sections of objects is 1000.
- Maximum number of records in record sets is 2000.
- Maximum number of records from external data sources is 200.
- Client/server mode is not supported.
- Distributed infobases are not supported.
- COM connection is not supported.
- It is not possible to use passwords and operating system authentication.
- Printing and saving spreadsheet documents are only supported in the Designer mode.
- Performance is lower compared to the commercial 1C:Enterprise 8 version.
- It is not possible to copy content of multiple cells of a spreadsheet document in the 1C:Enterprise mode.
- Operations with the configuration repository are not supported.
- Configuration delivery features are not available.
- Only one concurrent infobase session in possible.